Raquel Lebrón - Paraguayan Harp - Harpist | Asunción, Paraguay(no reviews)
Based In: Asunción, Paraguay
From: $ 3,500 per month
Like what you see?Request a QuoteClick here to request a quote for your upcoming event!
Performances with my harp playing all musical styles, showing the unique and amazing sound of the Paraguayan Harp.
South American and Latino music
A little bit of classical music
RAQUEL LEBRON has performed in Paraguay, Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru, Canada, Europe and South Africa. During the last years she has been performing as entertainer at 5-Star Hotels in Asia (Singapore, Japan, South Korea) and the Middle East.
The networks RED GLOBO and RED BANDEIRANTES of the Brazilian television also introduced her during her stay in Brazil.
She was invited by the ARD DEUTSCHES FERNSEHEN (German National Television) for the documentary film “Harfen aus Paraguay" (Harps from Paraguay). She recorded at the facilities of the Deutsche Welle (The Voice of Germ ... any) in Cologne, where she also gave lectures on the characteristics and possibilities of the Paraguayan harp.
In 1991, at the International Music Contest Eisteddfod in South Africa, she was awarded the First Prize for Paraguay in Traditional Folk Music and the Golden Medal in Artistic Folk Music competing among more than 38 countries from all over the world. In South Africa she also performed in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town and Roodepoort.
Raquel Lebrón performed representing Paraguay at the Lisbon Expo in 1998, where she also played at the Foz Palace, one of the most important cultural centers of Portugal, with the attendance of members of the Bragança Royal Family and other personalities.
In May 2002 she performed at the "Golden Saloon" of the COLON Theater of Buenos Aires/Argentine, being this the first Paraguayan harp concert at said theater.
In 2011 she formed the female harp duo “ARPEGIOS DE MUJER” (Female Arpeggios) with the Argentinian harpist MARTA CARRARA, performing and making harp tours through several countries.
She has received several national and international awards during her career.
Raquel Lebrón is also a Sworn Translator with License Nr. 193 of the Supreme Court of Justice of Paraguay (Diploma issued by the Ministry of Education of Paraguay). She is fluent in Spanish, German, English and Portuguese.
Awards, prizes and diplomas of recognition:
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at the IV ROCHAS Harp Festival (1990).
- First Prize in “Traditional Folk” at the International “Eisteddfod” Festival in South Africa (1991).
- Golden Mention in “Artistic Folk” at the International “Eisteddfod” Festival in South Africa
- Third Prize as “Paraguayan Folk Trio” at the International “Eisteddfod” Festival in South Africa
- Musical Ambassador of Paraguay, awarded by the Magazine Inter-Nationes in Germany (1992).
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at the VI ROCHAS Harp Festival (1993).
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at the opening of the First Paraguayan-Brazilian
Cultural Center “Augusto Roa Bastos” awarded by the Paraguayan Government (2000).
- Diploma of recognition awarded by the Artists Association “Amigos del Arte del Paraguay” (2002).
- Diploma of recognition for her harp concert at the “Golden Saloon” of the COLON Theater, awarded by
the Embassy of Paraguay in Buenos Aires/Argentina (2002).
- Illustrious Visitor, awarded by the Regional Government of Corrientes/Argentina (2003)
- Diploma of recognition for her outstanding labor and divulgation of the Paraguayan music all over
the world, awarded by the City Hall of Asuncion (2004).
- Diploma of recognition for her dedication, awarded by the “FOLKLORAMA” Committee in
- Diploma of Honor, awarded by the City of Cologne/Germany (2005).
- Illustrious Personality, awarded by the “Mall of Fame” Membership Commission (2006).
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at the II International Harp Festival, awarded by the
Harp Office (2008).
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at the III International Harp Festival, awarded by the
Harp Office (2009).
- Diploma of recognition for her participation at IV International Harp Festival, awarded by the
Harp Office (2010).
- Award to Paraguayan Outstanding Women, granted by the Women Federation for World Peace
- Diploma of recognition for her participation as special guest at the Artistic Festival in
commemoration of the Paraguayan Bicentenary, carried out in Argentina, awarded by the
Consulate of Paraguay in Posadas/Argentina (2011).
- Diploma of recognition for her outstanding labor and participation at V International Harp Festival,
with an ensemble of Argentinian musicians, awarded by the Department of Culture (2011).
-Diploma of recognition for the promotion of the Paraguayan Harp all over the world, awarded by the Department of Culture of the Paraguayan Government.(2011)
She has recorded the following CDs:
Melodías en Arpa (Melodies on Harp)
Música Paraguaya en Solo de Arpa (Paraguayan Folk Music on Harp Solo)
Música Internacional con Gran Orquesta (International Music with Great Orchestra)
Polcas Paraguayas en Solo de Arpa (Paraguayan Polkas on Harp Solo)
Lo Mejor de Raquel Lebrón (The Best of Raquel Lebrón)
Paraguay en Arpa (Paraguay on Harp)
Mobile.: +595 972 479764 (Whatsapp)
Fanpage en Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/internationalharp/
Channel in YOUTUBE:
JOBS AS ENTERTAINER AT THE LOBBY:
Hotel Shangri-la (Singapore)
The Shilla Hotel (Seoul, South Korea)
Hokkuten Nooka (Abashiri, Hokkaido, Japan)
Mizu no Uta Tsuruga Resort Spa (Shikotsu, Hokkaido, Japan)
Mori no Uta Resort Spa (Jozankei, Hokkaido, Japan)
The St. Regis Doha (Qatar)
Hotel Radisson (La Paz, Bolivia)
Hotel Atlantic (Hamburg, Germany)
Hotel Ambassador (Lima, Perú)
Hotel Guaraní (Asunción, Paraguay)
Cultural Center of the National Congress of Paraguay
National Theater of Paraguay
Paraguayan-Japanese Theater of Paraguay
Theater of th ... e Paraguayan-American Cultural Center of Paraguay
Theater of the Central Bank of Paraguay
Juan de Salazar Theater (Paraguay)
City Hall of Asunción (Paraguay)
Theatre Augustinum Bonn (Bonn, Germany)
Universität Mainz (Mainz, Germany)
Kurhaus Wiesbaden Golden Theater (Wiesbaden, Germany)
Palacio Foz (Lisbon, Portugal)
Folklorama Festival (Winnipeg, Canada)
Eisteddfod Festival (Roodeport, South Africa)
Teatro Santa Marcelina (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
American-Brazilian Cultural Center (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
Architecture University (Montevideo, Uruguay)
Guido Miranda Cultural Center (Resistencia, Argentina)
Vera Theater (Corrientes, Argentina)
House of the Cultures (Resistencia, Argentina)
House of the Cultures (Sáenz Peña, Argentina)
Santa Lucía Music Festival (Argentina)
Bar / Bat Mitzvah Birthday Party (Adult) Casinos Christening Christmas Party Cocktail Party / Drinks Reception Corporate Event Dinner Party Jewish Wedding Private Party Product Launch / Promotion Trade Show / Exhibitions
Browse all Entertainment Hire options!
Related Blog posts...
Our Latest Members!
Steel Drum Band
From: Leyton, London
60s Tribute Band
From: New Cumnock, Scotland
From: Fargo, North Dakota
From: South Wimbledon, London
From: Preston, North West England
Mentalist / Mind Reader
From: Chicago, Illinois
From: Plymouth, South West
From: Sydney, New South Wales
From: Terrebonne (Montreal), Quebec
80s Tribute Band
From: Cardiff, Wales