Seth Weinstein - Pianist / Keyboardist | New York City, New York(no reviews)
Based In: New York City, New York
From: Depends on performance length, ensemble, and location.
Like what you see?Request a QuoteClick here to request a quote for your upcoming event!
Performances custom-tailored for the venue and occasion. Solo piano with proficiency in classical music, musical theatre, light jazz, and popular music from 1910 to the present. Close relationship with singers and instrumentalists; can be booked solo or as an ensemble. Can play in the background, such as for parties, lobby bars, and cocktail entertainment, or as a featured performer in concert halls, museums, theatres, hotels, and other entertainment centres.
Standards from the "golden age": Gershwin, Porter, Kern, etc.
Classical music: Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Scarlatti, Chopin, etc.
Light jazz, pop, and rock: songs sung by Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Billy Joel, etc.
Musical theatre: Rodgers & Hammerstein, Maltby & Shire, Stephen Sondheim, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Boublil & Schonberg, etc.
Contemporary music: Sara Bareilles, Alicia Keys, Adele, etc.
I'm a pianist, conductor, and composer originally from near Boston, USA. I studied classical piano with Sandra Porter-Engelhart and Lily Dumont and composition with Randall Woolf, and in high school I performed movements from the Khachaturian and Grieg piano concerti with the World Youth Symphony Orchestra in Interlochen, Michigan. In college I began working in the theatre, musically directing shows and writing my first full-length musical. I moved to New York City after college and wrote the musical "How to Save the World and Find True Love in 90 Minutes" with Jonathan Karp; it had an Off-Bro
... adway run for two months at New World Stages.
I also composed and recorded two commissioned piano pieces inspired by the artworks of Marc Chagall. In 2008, I gave a concert tour in Germany, and in 2010, I performed the two pieces -- and some Beethoven and Mozart -- at the Musee Chagall in Nice, France. I have also performed them around the United States, primarily at Chagall-featured exhibitions.
I perform regularly with "L'Opera Burlesque" and the Jewish People's Philharmonic Chorus and as the pianist for the MAC and Bistro Award-winning "Screen Gems: Songs of Old Hollywood" (featuring Sarah Rice, the original Johanna in Sweeney Todd) and "Operation Opera" (baritone Adelmo Guidarelli’s amusing tribute to opera, a participant in the 2011 Edinburgh Festival Fringe). I have played on Holland America Line and Hapag-Lloyd cruises and as a cocktail pianist at the Everglades Club in Palm Beach, Florida.
SOLO CONCERT EXPERIENCE
• Performances of original compositions “The Chagall Suite” and “Conversations” and selections by Mozart and Beethoven in Germany, France, and the USA
• Performance of original piano improvisations of pieces by American composers (Gershwin, Porter, and Sondheim) and Gershwin’s "Rhapsody in Blue"
• Eclectic concert of transcriptions of a wide variety of jazz, ragtime, and world music (under development)
• Musical director and conductor of more than 20 productions including "Guys and Dolls," "Smokey Joe's Cafe," "Carnival," " ... Fiddler on the Roof," "Titanic," and "Do I Hear a Waltz?"
• Musical director and arranger of "Black House," the first fully produced Croatian musical
• Musical director of national tour of "Almost Heaven: Songs of John Denver"
• Composer and musical director of Off-Broadway musical "How to Save the World and Find True Love in 90 Minutes"
• Featured pianist/keyboardist for international tours of "Fosse" and Ivan Jacobs’s "The Phantom of the Opera"
PROJECTS WITH COLLEAGUES
• Concert of opera and theatre with spinto soprano Jodi Keogan and baritone Mark Watson
• Concert of opera and theatre with baritone Shouvik Mondle and soprano Melanie Anderson
• "Operation Opera," comic opera performance featuring baritone Adelmo Guidarelli
• "L’Opera Burlesque" and the Hot Box Girls, seductive opera and jazz ensemble
• "Cosmic Cabaret," interactive astrology-based performance featuring Maureen Taylor
• "Screen Gems: Songs of Old Hollywood," concert featuring Sarah Rice, the original Johanna in "Sweeney Todd"
• "Carol Channeling," impressions of Broadway and film divas by Maggie Graham
• Arranger and band conductor for the Middle East World Travel Awards (Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, 2008)
• Cocktail pianist at the Everglades (Palm Beach) and Knickerbocker (New York) clubs
• Pianist for Holland America Line’s MS Amsterdam
• Musical director and pianist for cabaret shows around the USA
• Pianist for Brandy’s Piano Bar, New York City
• Graduated magna cum laude (AB in music) from Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass., USA (1996)
• 16 years of piano study with Lily Dumont and Sandra Porter-Englehart; 11 years of theory and composition study with Randall Woolf; advanced Harvard courses in choral and orchestral conducting
References provided upon request and withheld here for purposes of privacy.
Bar / Bat Mitzvah Birthday Party (Adult) Casinos Christening Christmas Party Cocktail Party / Drinks Reception Corporate Event Dinner Party Jewish Wedding Private Party Product Launch / Promotion Trade Show / Exhibitions
US passport with current visas for Russia and China. Capable in Spanish and Russian; some ability in Japanese, German, and Hebrew.
Click here to view more Pianists & Keyboardists in New York
Browse all Entertainment Hire options!
Related Blog posts...
Our Latest Members!
From: Leigh, North West England
From: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
From: Odenton, Maryland
Frank Sinatra Tribute Act
From: Lake Worth, Florida
From: New York City, New York
From: Truro, South West
From: Köln, Germany
Other Tribute Act
From: Dartford, South East
Drag Queen Act
From: Derby, East Midlands