BRAD BYERS - Sword Swallower | Pullman, Washington(no reviews)
Based In: Pullman, Washington
Fees: Contact Brad
Like what you see?Contact Me / Request a QuoteClick here to request a quote for your upcoming event!
The Amazing World of Brad Byers includes a choice of 3 different and unique shows that can be customized for any venue:
1. EXTREME SIDE SHOW: Brad's signature act of SWORD SWALLOWING (e.g. most swords swallowed and twisted world record, truck axle, huge corkscrew, giant scissors,curved sword, stove poker, coat hanger, key hole saw, and more), HUMAN TOOLBOX (e.g. world record drilling into the head with an electric power drill, swinging large anchor from 18-inch hook in head, and more), WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS act (e.g. walking, jumping, piggy back ride, face in glass with assistant standing ... on head), BED OF NAILS act (e.g. yoga bow pose, iron maiden, up to 18 people sitting on top), and much more!
2. CIRCUS ACTS: juggling (e.g. bowling ball, machetes, stun baton, wine bottles, china plates) , chin balancing (e.g. bicycle, step ladder, running lawnmower), unicycles, finger spinning (includes card table, metal chair, suitcase).
3. SKILL TOYS: Grandmaster yo-yo artistry (over 300 different yo-yo tricks), spinning throwing tops, hula hooping with a straight jacket escape!
Born and raised in Moscow, Idaho, Brad Byers joined a traveling circus as a juggler, shortly after graduating from high school. He left the circus to focus on television and other international venues. At age 21 Brad considered sword swallowing to improve his act. Brad had never even seen a sword swallower, but borrowed a friend's college anatomy book for research. Brad asked the clerk at a local Army Navy store if he could try swallowing a sword prior to purchase. Brad swallowed his first sword that day and still remembers the rush from the sensation of that first time he felt the cold steel
... in his esophagus. In front of a stunned clerk, Brad pulled out that sword, and said "I'll take it!"
Brad’s self-taught repertoire of 20 acts began at age 15. Genuine daredevil acts including sword swallowing, power drilling a bit or hammering a nail into his face, inserting a hook through his nose and swinging an anchor, lying on a bed of nails and getting run over with a 1,000 pound ATV, walking on broken glass, and balancing a running lawn mower on his chin became a trademark for Byers.
Brad's performances have taken him to 24 countries for countless television shows and other venues. His most recent TV appearances have been on America’s Got Talent, Stan Lee’s Superhumans, Das Supertalent, Tu Si Que Vales, Miracle Korea, Extraordinary Humans, and the International Festival of Humor. Brad’s international reputation led the country of Grenada to picture him swallowing swords on their official postage stamp. Taped performances of Brad Byers are currently shown in Ripley's Believe it or Not museums around the world. Brad also choreographed and trained actor Johnny Depp for his spinning routine in the motion picture Benny and Joon.
Brad Byers has definitely gone from a small town boy to an internationally acclaimed performer. Brad can swallow a car axle, stove poker, curved sword, wavy bladed sword, bayonet, keyhole saw, and common wire coat hanger. He holds multiple world records, including The Human Toolbox - first person to drill into his head with an electric power drill, hottest flame extinguished on the tongue, and best of all, most swords swallowed and twisted - swallowing 12 swords consecutively then, twisting those swords 180 degrees in his throat! It has been stated by his peers, that Brad is, "The BEST Living Sword Swallower today!"
- 40 years experience as an entertainer including motion pictures, television, and live stage performances in 25 countries around the world. (See Clients list).
- Featured on NBC's America's Got Talent Seasons 4 and 8 including the live final rounds held at Radio City Music Hall (New York City).
- 70 time Champion World Record Holder
- Life Time Achievement Award for "Contributions in the World Record Field"
- Consultant and Stunt Coordinator for Johnny Depp on the movie, Benny & Joon
TELEVISION – selective listing
- Tu Si Que Vales (Rome, Italy) October, 2015
- Festival of Humor (Bogota, Columbia) September, 2015 (3 episodes to air later this year)
- Extraordinary Humans (London) March, 2015 due to air late 2015 early 2016
- NBC’s America’s Got Talent* DANGER ACTS Season 4 (June, 2009) and Season 8 (June, July, August, 2013)
- Miracle Korea April, March, 2013*
- The History Channel’s Stan Lee’s Superhumans: "The Human Toolbox" – 2013
- CBS The Doctors – S ... eptember, 2012*
- Das Super Talent (Berlin, Germany) – September, 2012*
- Late Night with David Letterman*
- Guinness World Records Prime Time (5 appearances – the most of any performer)*
- TBS The Incredible Life and Times Robert Ripley TV Show Special
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not TV show
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum - video performance is featured at all Ripley’s museums around the world
- Que Noche – appeared nightly for a week
- ABC’s Most Awesome Acts on Earth
- Extreme Variety TV show*
- ABC’s That’s Incredible TV show
- Appeared in 24 countries around the world with countless TV appearances including German Television*, Sabado Gigante*, Peruvian Television, French Television* and Turkish Television* just to name a few.
LIVE STAGE PERFORMANCES – selective listing
- Oregon State Fair - August/September 2014 and 2015 (150th Anniversary)
- Seattle Corporate Event - September, 2014
- Radio City Music Hall - September, 2013 for NBC's America's Got Talent
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino - July 2013
- Microsoft Premier – August, 2012*
- Faith Church St. Louis – October, 2011* and encore performance in June, 2012*
- Bill Gates Birthday Celebrity Cruise
- Harah’s Casino at Lake Tahoe
- Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Washington State University’s Up All Night Program – 2 separate invitations 2009 & 2010
- California State Fair 100th Anniversary
- Toppenish Casino in Toppenish, Washington
- International Circus Festival in Verona, Italy
- Stanwood Camino Community Fair, Stanwood, Washington* [Featured on King-5’s Seattle’s Evening Magazine Show]
- Texas State Fair with Ringling Brothers Circus Show
* Denotes online video of performance(s) is/are available on website or Brad’s YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sword78910?feature=mhee
Television shows Corporate Events Fairs and Festivals Cruise Ships Casinos Theme Parks Circuses Night Clubs Trade Shows Conventions Colleges and Universities Museums Churches Halloween Events Cultural Events Private Parties
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/sword78910
Stage performer only, not walk around
Related Blog posts...
Pianist / Keyboardist
Hampshire, South East
Watford , London
uk , North of England
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Other Artistic Entertainer
60s Tribute Band
Cheshire, North of England
Pianist / Keyboardist
County Durham, North of England