BRAD BYERS - Sword Swallower | Pullman, Washington(2 Reviews)
Country: United States
Based In: Pullman, Washington
Like what you see?Request a QuoteClick here to request a quote for your upcoming event!
The Amazing World of Brad Byers includes a choice of 3 different and unique shows that can be customized for any venue:
1. EXTREME SIDE SHOW: Brad's signature act of SWORD SWALLOWING (e.g. most swords swallowed and twisted world record, truck axle, huge corkscrew, giant scissors, curved sword, stove poker, coat hanger, key hole saw, and more), HUMAN TOOLBOX (e.g. world record drilling into the head with an electric power drill, swinging large anchor from 18-inch hook in head, and more), LADDER OF MACHETES, PAIN PROOF MAN (e.g. animal traps, propane blow torch extinguished on tongue, tarantu ... la in mouth), WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS act (e.g. walking, jumping, piggy back ride, face in glass with assistant standing on head), BED OF NAILS act (e.g. yoga bow pose, iron maiden, up to 18 people sitting on top), and much more!
2. CIRCUS ACTS: juggling (e.g. 150,000 volt stun batons, bowling balls, machetes, wine bottles, china plates) , chin balancing (e.g. bicycle, step ladder, running lawnmower), unicycles, finger spinning (includes card table, metal chair, suitcase), rola-bola balancing
3. SKILL TOYS: Grandmaster yo-yo artistry (over 300 different yo-yo tricks), spinning throwing tops, hula hooping with a straight jacket escape!
Born and raised in Moscow, Idaho, Brad Byers joined a traveling circus as a juggler, shortly after graduating from high school. After a couple of years, he left the circus to focus on television and other international venues. At age 21, Brad considered sword swallowing to improve his act. Brad had never even seen a sword swallower, but borrowed a friend's college anatomy book for research. Brad asked the clerk at a local Army Navy store if he could try swallowing a sword prior to purchase. Brad swallowed his first sword that day and still remembers the rush from the sensation of that first ti
... me he felt the cold steel in his esophagus. In front of a stunned clerk, Brad pulled out that sword, and said "I'll take it!"
Brad Byers has been entertaining audiences of all ages with his unbelievable and genuine daredevil acts for over 40 years. Additionally, he continues to juggle and is now a Grandmaster Yo-yo artist. His performances have taken him to 25 countries. Brad has appeared at a variety of venues (e.g. casinos, cruise ships, corporate events, mega-churches, festivals, fairs) and on countless TV shows including America’s Got Talent, The Late Late Show with James Corden, Germany’s Das Supertalent, Late Night with David Letterman, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Guinness World Records Prime Time, Stan Lee’s Superhumans, Italy’s Tu Si Que Vales, Miracle Korea, United Kingdom’s Extraordinary Humans, and Colombia’s International Festival of Humor just to name a few. Brad has been featured on Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus and Cirque du Soleil. Brad’s international reputation led the country of Grenada to picture him swallowing swords on their official postage stamp. Taped performances of Brad Byers have been featured in Ripley's Believe It or Not museums around the world. Brad choreographed and trained actor Johnny Depp for his hubcap spinning routine in the motion picture Benny and Joon.
Brad Byers has definitely gone from a small town boy to an internationally acclaimed performer. He can swallow a truck axle, giant corkscrew, stove poker, huge pair of scissors, curved sword, wavy bladed sword, bayonet, keyhole saw, common wire coat hanger, and multiple swords at once! Brad is a 72-time world record holder all of which are related to his of acts. Some examples include: The Human Toolbox - first person to drill into his head with an electric power drill; Hottest Flame Extinguished on the Tongue – extinguishing a propane blowtorch on his tongue; Bed of Nails Most Dynamic Weight - driven over by a 1,000 pound quad bike while lying on a bed of nails; and best of all, Most Swords Swallowed and Twisted - swallowing 12 swords consecutively then, twisting those swords 180 degrees in his throat! Brad is the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by 6 world record organizations, Online World Record’s first ever Extraordinary Performer of the Year award and has been inducted into Record Holders Republic’s Super Human Hall of Fame.
“Brad Byers, you never fail to blow our minds!” – Mark Thompson, host of Guinness World Records Prime Time TV Show.
Reviews (2 Reviews)
- Over 40 years experience as an entertainer including motion pictures, television, and live stage performances in 25 countries around the world. (See Clients list).
- Featured on NBC's America's Got Talent Seasons 4 and 8 including the live final rounds held at Radio City Music Hall (New York City), Late Late Show with James Corden, Cirque du Soleil, Ringling Brothers, Barnum and Bailey, Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Late Show with David Letterman
- 73- time Champion World Record Holder
- Life Time Achievement Award for "Contributions in the World Record Field"
- Consultant and Stunt Coordinator for Johnny Depp on the movie, Benny & Joon
TELEVISION – selective listing
- The Late Late Show With James Corden (Las Angeles, CA), August, 2018*
- RightThisMinute Viral Video TV Show, 10 episodes (April 2017 to October, 2018)
- Wedden Dat Ik Het Kan! (Amsterdam, Netherlands), October, 2016
- Tu Si Que Vales (Rome, Italy) October, 2015
- Festival of Humor (Bogota, Columbia) September, 2015 (3 episodes)
- Extraordinary Humans (London) March, 2015
- NBC’s America’s Got Talent* DANGER ACTS Season 4 (June, 2009) and Season 8 (Jun ... e, July, August, 2013)
- Miracle Korea April, March, 2013*
- The History Channel’s Stan Lee’s Superhumans: "The Human Toolbox" – 2013
- CBS The Doctors – September, 2012*
- Das Super Talent (Berlin, Germany) – September, 2012*
- Late Night with David Letterman*
- Guinness World Records Prime Time (5 appearances – the most of any performer)*
- TBS The Incredible Life and Times Robert Ripley TV Show Special
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not TV show
- Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum - video performance is featured at all Ripley’s museums around the world
- Que Noche – appeared nightly for a week
- ABC’s Most Awesome Acts on Earth
- Extreme Variety TV show*
- ABC’s That’s Incredible TV show
- Appeared in 24 countries around the world with countless TV appearances including German Television*, Sabado Gigante*, Peruvian Television, French Television* and Turkish Television* just to name a few.
* Denotes online video of performance(s) is/are available on website or Brad’s YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/sword78910
LIVE STAGE PERFORMANCES – selective listing
- Cirque du Soleil, September 2017
- Legends Casino, September 2017
- SolarFest, August 2017
- Owyhee County Fair 100th Anniversary, August 2017
- Northwest Children’s Home, May 2017
- Busch Distributors Corporate Event, January 2017
- San Juan Island County Fair, August 2016
- Oregon State Fair - August/September 2014 and 2015 (150th Anniversary)
- Seattle Corporate Event - September, 2014
- Radio City Music Hall - September, 2013 for NBC's America's Got Talent
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino - July 2013
- Microsoft Premier – August, 2012*
- Faith Church St. Louis – October, 2011* and encore performance in June, 2012*
- Bill Gates Birthday Celebrity Cruise
- Harah’s Casino at Lake Tahoe
- Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Washington State University’s Up All Night Program – 2 separate invitations 2009 & 2010
- California State Fair 100th Anniversary
- Toppenish Casino in Toppenish, Washington
- International Circus Festival in Verona, Italy
- Stanwood Camino Community Fair, Stanwood, Washington* [Featured on King-5’s Seattle’s Evening Magazine Show]
- Texas State Fair with Ringling Brothers Circus Show
Casinos Community Event Corporate Event Cruise Ships Festival / Outdoor Event Halloween Party Holiday / Theme Parks Nightclub Event Private Party Trade Show / Exhibitions University / College Event Wedding Reception
YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/sword78910
Stage performer only, not walk around
Virtual Services Offer
Virtual Sword Swallowing Sideshow
For a show you'll never forget! I'm offering up to 45 minutes of virtual sideshow acts such as sword swallowing, bed of nails, walking on broken glass, human toolbox, ladder of machetes, juggling stun guns, and much more.
Virtual Grandmaster Yo-Yo and Throwing tops
Fun for all ages! I'm offering up to 30 minutes of virtual Grandmaster skill level yo-yo and throwing tops show. These are "old school" yo-yo tricks. I can perform over 300 high-difficulty yo-yo and top tricks.
Browse all Entertainment Hire options!
Related Blog posts...
Our Latest Members!
From: Roscommon, Connaught
From: Boca Raton, Florida
From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
From: Freehold, New Jersey
From: New York City, New York
From: Bourne End, South East
From: Worcester, West Midlands
From: Vauxhall, London