One of the most popular and affordable options for wedding evening reception entertainment is to hire a wedding DJ. With plenty of experience of performing at weddings, bantering with guests and getting people up onto the dancefloor, you can rest assured that you have put your entertainment in safe hands.
From announcing your first dance as husband and wife to taking song requests from guests, a wedding DJ provides a well rounded form of entertainment that will give you and your guests an evening to remember and this little guide will help you to make the right decision when it comes to choosing a wedding DJ for your own big day.
What Does A Wedding DJ Do?
A wedding DJ is perfect for parties, such as evening receptions and will set up in a central location just off the dance floor and play music from many different eras, such as the 1970’s to present day. As mentioned above they also make announcements and take song requests requests from guests.
Wedding DJs also usually provide lighting which really sets the mood into a party atmosphere. One of the main benefits of hiring a wedding DJ is that they will perform for the entirety of your evening reception, so you get more for your money than hiring a different form of entertainment.
How much does a wedding DJ cost?
Each wedding DJ will have their own set fees which can vary dependent on experience. Wedding DJs are a much more affordable option for wedding entertainment than hiring a live band.
What do you need to consider when hiring a wedding DJ?
- Firstly, you need to consider the space that your venue has for the set-up and equipment of your wedding DJ. Another important factor is how much experience a wedding DJ has. It is advisable to check out their testimonials and previous experience and if possible get referrals from people who have booked them before.
- A great wedding DJ will provide samples of their previous weddings too as video recordings so that you can check if their style will fit in with your own wedding.
- Check that your wedding DJ has a contingency plan in-case of illness. Usually they will know other DJs in the area who will step in as a backup.
- When it comes to legal considerations, always check that your potential DJ or venue is licensed to play music and has the necessary insurance such as public liability insurance.
How do I choose a wedding DJ?
Choosing a wedding DJ is easy when you use our website, www.EntertainersWorldwide.com where you can view profiles of all of our acts, read their biographies and previous experience. Many of the DJs listed with provide video samples of their previous events.
When you have selected a shortlist of wedding DJs, you can contact them directly by clicking the “Contact Direct / Request Quote” button. We highly recommend that you speak with your potential DJ via telephone / Skype / Facetime or in person to gauge if they are the right choice for you.
Always book in advance as wedding DJs calendars can quickly fill up, especially during the peak wedding season.
One of the main things that makes EntertainersWorldwide stand out from the crowd is that we do not act as an agency between our acts and we do not charge a booking fee so you’ll get direct contact with your chosen act!
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?…
Here are two ways that we can help you make enquiries for your entertainment today!
- Use our easy to use Entertainment Directory to contact acts right away at www.EntertainersWorldwide.com
- Let us know what entertainment you are looking for and we will arrange for all available Acts of your choice to email you with quotes! Simple, Fast & Easy.
Click here to get started!
Or view all of our entertainers, bands, tributes, singers, dancers, musicians, magicians, speciality acts, DJs & other artists worldwide here: www.EntertainersWorldwide.com
ARE YOU AN ACT, SINGER, MUSICIAN, BAND, ENTERTAINER OR PROVIDE OTHER SERVICES FOR EVENTS?
Click below to Create a Profile with us & promote your Act / Event Services now!
Any questions? Click here to CONTACT US
Or email us at email@example.com
The Entertainers Worldwide Team