Irish / Celtic Band(5 Reviews)
Based In: Dublin, Leinster
Like what you see?Request a QuoteClick here to request a quote for your upcoming event!
Reviews (5 Reviews)
John Lynch is a musician, songwriter, performer and recording artist.
Having worked away from home for many years as a session musician, John returned to Dublin in 2019 – and began focusing on his solo music career, writing, and performing live. Like countless other artists, however, his efforts were upended by the arrival of the global pandemic.
Undeterred, he continued writing and recording his debut album, City Stars – Released in Autumn 2021. City Stars is a collection of ten tracks about modern life in Ireland and the world, through the genre of Irish folk music.
Following a str ... ing of promising singles, John’s track, 'The Wind at Your Back' – was presented as the Hotpress magazine’s Track of the day.
Hotpress Magazine -
“The Wind at Your Back' further establishes John as one of the country's most promising singer-songwriters, ahead of the release of City Stars”.
Combining a contemporary touch with the spirit of the ballads he learned while growing up in Dublin, John guides the audience on an emotional journey bringing tears and laughter to every show.
2022 debut album City Stars Launch at Sugar Club gig.
On February 24th in support of his 2021 album City Stars. The Hot Press MIX graduate launched the album officially to a sold-out Sugar Club show after working with Kila's Colm O' Snodaigh, Peter Eades and Larry Hogan on the project. The trio also played their instruments on the album itself. As one of the first live unrestricted post COVID gigs the show also attracted the attention of Dublin born singer songwriter Imelda May and Irish film maker Myles O’Reilly who are followers of John on social media. City Stars was recorded remotely during the March 2020 lockdown using the limited technology available and a bit of innovation.
"Like everyone else at the start of 2020, I found myself in a roadblock when I first tried to approach a full-time music career, you could say the lockdown put a dampener on the plans”. It did, but the work was there. Colm, Peter, and Larry were available, and we all had the time. So where there’s a curse, there is also a blessing."
Irish actor/musician Niall McNamee contacted John and lined up to open the show on his behalf.
Towards the end of COVID lockdown restrictions on live shows Local artist John Lynch played the Moat Theatre Aug 2021 as part of the '18 To 18' series of government-supported gigs, which ran until mid-September. The all-seated shows were sold out, the concerts were streamed on the Moat Theatre YouTube page. John Joined the bill alongside mainstream Irish folk artists such as:
● Christy Moore
● Emma Langford
● Mike Hanrahan
● Mary Coughlan
● Jerry Fish
Other shows of note in 2022
● (Feb)The Sugar Club – Sold OUT
● (April, May) Aras Chronain Irish Culture Centre – Regular Performer by invitation
● (July) Argillan Castle – Folk in the drawing room – Sold Out
● (Sept) 2022: UK mini tour 3 events sold out great response commercially successful and made local papers. (see articles)
● (October) Live at St Mary’s – Sold OUT
2023 Plans and Highlights
January -Show Case Roots festival Monaghan – acquired additional 250 social media followers.
Partner with similar artists. Lever existing Music network connections for opportunities.
● January – Show case Gigs at Roots festival Social Monahan.
● January - Radio play London Bridge on RTE 1 – Rising time Shay Byrne
● January – Kick off recording of 1922 EP
● February -Subscription websites with exclusive performances – Song writing workshops. Producing other artists and session musician service.
● February – Invitation to perform Aras Chronain Clondalkin – Sold OUT
● March - Song to be featured in film being made by US network. (Direct result from networking and show case activities) Support to KILA. – Sold OUT
● March – (separate to the above film) Selected to appear in a documentary about emerging artists during the COVID – US documentary independent producer. Jeff Pulver studios. Filmed live performance and interviews.
● March Kilkenny trad Fest – Performance event time TBC at time of this application
● April – Support show in Dublin with Ciaran Moran
● May - Live Show in the Cobblestone with Band
● May - Ringsend Radio – podcast – 16/05/2023
● May – 5th May Headline Cobblestone Dublin. – Sold OUT
● May – Article for the Irish World Newspaper
● Routes to Roots Irish Summer Tour - TBC
● Sept - UK Tour for Sept 2023 in talks with buyers
The CobbleStone - Irish Music Venue Dublin City
The Story Teller Pub
KILA - Band
Awards Ceremony Charity / Fundraising Event Community Event Concerts / Tours Corporate Event Festival / Outdoor Event Grand Opening Party Hotel Event Nightclub Event Private Party Product Launch / Promotion Restaurant / Bar / Pub Event Social Club Theaters / Stage Trade Show / Exhibitions University / College Event Wedding Cocktail/Drinks Reception
Meet the Act
Now busy writing new material John Lynch has harnessed the years of influence growing up in Dublin into his music.
From the beautiful surroundings of Dublin Bay, the iconic red and white chimney towers of the Ringsend power station are the theme for John’s Single titled Guardians. John describes how every time he left Dublin port either by boat or plane they were always in the landscape and reminded him as two bouncers or guardians watching and protecting all travelers to and from the Dublin Bay region. The south wall pier and pool beg lighthouse that extend on from the ESB chimneys also f ... eature in the song as a favorite walk for Dubliners but also an acknowledgement to the rich history of the lighthouses to safely bring mariners into the port of Dublin.
Working closely with Larry Hogan of Dublin Studio Hub John has settled into a modern style of Irish Folk and has curated a new catalogue of original folk songs dealing with historical and current themes titled "1922" and available now on all streaming platforms.
Fully insured and registered business in Ireland.
Related Blog posts...
Our Latest Members!
From: Dalry, Scotland
From: Los Angeles, California
From: kingston, Jamaica
From: São Paulo, Brazil
Song & Dance Act
From: Negombo, Sri Lanka
Comedy Cabaret Magician
From: Wichita, Kansas
From: Derby, East Midlands
From: Leiria, Portugal
Soul, Motown & R&B Singer
From: West Midlands