If you want to keep your guests in suspense and give them a night to remember, an illusionist might be the right type of entertainment for your next event. We have put together this guide for tips and advice when hiring an illusionist.
What Types of Events are Illusionists Suitable for?
Due to their elaborate performances, illusionists are more suited to bigger events or venues with a stage or space for performances. An illusionist is, however very versatile and they are suitable for:
- Birthday Party Entertainment
- Wedding Reception Entertainment
- Corporate Event Entertainment
- Engagement Party Entertainment
What Does an Illusionist Actually do?
An illusionist is a type of magician that offers big elaborate tricks and illusions that generally involve the help from an assistant. Illusionists will perform high-energy escapes from various situations along with other dramatic illusions and put on quite a performance, getting guests involved.
How Long will Illusionists Perform for?
Each individual illusionist will have their own set routines and performance lengths so it is advisable to check with your chosen performer before booking. Most illusionists will put on a performance that lasts up to an hour or more.
How Much does an Illusionist Cost?
It is quite difficult to give an estimation for how much an illusionist will cost because it varies greatly depending on many factors. The amount of experience, types of illusions and props will all make a difference to the cost to hire a illusionist.
What Should I Ask an Illusionist?
There are many questions you might want to ask an illusionist before you book so we’ve put together a list of ideas. Remember these aren’t exhaustive so if there is something else you would like to enquire about, never be afraid to ask!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and can you provide your certificate?
- If working solely with children, are you DBS checked? (Formerly CRB checked)
- Are you free to perform on the date and time of my event?
- How much do you charge? How much deposit is required to book?
- What types of illusions do you perform?
- Do you get the audience involved in your illusions?
- How much space do you need to perform?
- Do you need anything for your setup or equipment?
How Do I Choose an Illusionist?
We make it really easy to choose an illusionist for your event. Simply look through all of the available performers in their own dedicated “Illusionists” category. Each performer has information on their previous experience with a biography and many also include video samples of their performance. Testimonials are also useful to give you peace of mind before booking.
I’ve Found an Illusionist! How do I Book?
One of the advantages of using our entertainment directory at www.EntertainersWorldwide.com is that once you have found an illusionist that you would like to enquire about, you can contact them directly! Simply use the orange “Contact Direct / Request Quote” and you can ask your chosen performer all of those all important questions!
We do recommend that you also meet face-to-face with your illusionist or via Facetime / Skype to make sure they will work with your event and have the necessary credentials.
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?…
Here are two ways that we can help you make enquiries for your entertainment today!
1. Use our easy to use Entertainment Directory to contact acts right away at www.EntertainersWorldwide.com
2. Let us know what entertainment you are looking for and we will arrange for all available Acts of your choice to email you with quotes! Simple, Fast & Easy.
ARE YOU AN ACT, SINGER, MUSICIAN, BAND, ENTERTAINER OR PROVIDE OTHER SERVICES FOR EVENTS?
Click below to Create a Profile with us & promote your Act / Event Services now!
Any questions? Click here to CONTACT US
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Entertainers Worldwide Team