Planning your wedding can be stressful at the best of times, but when it comes to planning your wedding entertainment, it really doesn’t need to be! Using our latest ultimate guide to wedding entertainment we can help you book the right entertainment throughout your whole big day. From the wedding ceremony, through to the drinks reception and of course evening reception, our website will make things simple, quick and most of all stress-free!
Need some inspiration now? Read on…
We have put together our top recommendations for different forms of entertainment that will be certain to make your big day even more special.
Beautiful Entertainment for your Wedding Ceremony
It is a common tradition to have background music during various parts of your wedding ceremony. Playing ambient background music while your guests enter your wedding venue really helps to add atmosphere and create an inviting location before you take your nuptials! Of course having music to walk down the aisle to is tradition (and it doesn’t have to be the wedding march!) but there are also two other parts of your wedding ceremony that calls for a spot of background music: signing the register and walking back out down the aisle as a married couple!
Some really popular choices for wedding ceremony entertainment include:
- Book a string quartet to perform exquisite background music, whether that be traditional or more modern instrumental versions of popular hits. A string quartet consists of two violins, one viola and a cello and together create the most beautiful sound. If you don’t think your budget will stretch to a string quartet, why not try a string trio or duo instead?
- Find a cellist near you to perform during the important parts of your wedding ceremony. Cello music has a rich, deep sound to it and can add an air of elegance to your wedding day. A cellist will take up much less floor space than that of a string quartet too, so if space is an issue, hiring a solo instrumentalist might be more appropriate.
- Another popular choice of musician for during your wedding ceremony is the classical guitarist. These musicians are trained in both traditional wedding songs and modern romantic songs. A classical guitarist will generally sit on a stool and look rather smart during their performance too! Click here to find a classical guitarist near you!
- If space isn’t an issue, why not book a pianist or keyboard player to sit and perform for your guests? One good thing about hiring an instrumentalist is that you can look through their repertoire and choose the right music for your big day. If you are having a civil ceremony, take into consideration that you should choose something that isn’t religious for your wedding.
Keep guests entertained during your drinks reception
Once you are married, you will be whisked away to have the majority of your wedding photos taken, and this is where guests can be left a little restless. Keep things running smoothly by putting on entertainment for this quiet part of your wedding day. Your guests will be mingling and chatting among themselves, so bear in mind that any drinks reception entertainment should not be too powerful.
- We can’t think of a better form of entertainment for a drinks reception than that of a close-up magician. Hiring a close-up magician will give your guests something to talk about and amaze them as they perform simple tricks to small groups of your wedding guests.
- If you have booked a string quartet or an instrumentalist for your wedding ceremony, save money by getting them to perform during your drinks reception too! Musicians will happily perform longer sets of instrumental music to add a bit of background noise while your guests are enjoying their bucks fizz!
Give your wedding guests a surprise at your wedding breakfast!
There are no set rules when it comes to your wedding breakfast, but why not keep the entertainment flowing throughout your whole day and give your guests and yourselves a memorable time? During the wedding breakfast, you not only enjoy your lovely freshly cooked meal, but the toasts and speeches are during this time too. Here are our top suggestions for wedding breakfast entertainment that won’t encroach on the rest of your festivities:
- Choose a caricaturist who will create lovely mementos for your guests by sketching them individually in a comical way. Caricaturists are very talented in sketching many people in a short space of time, so your guests can take turns to be sketched while your other guests can still mingle and chat among themselves.
- Subtle background music may add a lovely ambience during your wedding breakfast. Choose from a number of options when it comes to live music, such as String Quartets, Violinists, Harpists and other talented Instrumentalists.
- Keep children entertained and out of mischief by booking a balloon modeler. Balloon modellers will create various shapes out of balloons including animals, hats and give them to your younger guests as a keepsake. One of the main benefits of a balloon modeller over other children’s entertainers is that they create less mess.
Party throughout the evening at your Wedding Evening Reception
The finale to any wedding is to enjoy your wedding evening reception and this is where you can pull out all of the stops. The music can get louder, and your whole wedding party will have an amazing time with the right entertainment!
- The most popular form of wedding evening reception entertainment is the Wedding DJ. These talented individuals will play a variety of music from many eras, and banter with your guests too while they take requests and get everyone dancing. Find a fun wedding DJ on our website now!
- Live music is always a hit at a wedding, so if your budget allows, why not book a wedding band to perform at your reception. There are many different types of wedding band available that will play a variety of music. Most wedding bands will have a huge repertoire of music, but if there is a specific song you want for your first dance, simply ask them and most should accommodate.
- Not only do we have entertainers listed on our website, but also services too! Hire a photo booth to keep those important snaps of your wedding guests and most come with props too so that you can really have fun and let your hair down!
- If you want to add a dramatic visual display as the sun starts to set, book a fire performer who will perform tricks such as fire eating and juggling for your evening reception. These performers are very skilled at their performance and can perform from a central location or carefully work around an outdoor event.
We hope that these ideas have given you some inspiration for your own wedding. There are no rules when it comes to choosing the right type of entertainment for during your whole wedding day. Remember to choose entertainment that you both enjoy as a couple and most of all, have fun!
Want to Save Time When Booking Your Entertainment? Sit back, relax and have your Entertainment contact you! By adding a post to our website e.g. ‘Wedding Band Required for Wedding Evening Reception on August 8th’, our available acts will contact you by email. Look at the Entertainer’s publicity, decide which is your favourite and contact them directly! The entire service is completely free of charge. Tell us what entertainment you are looking for now and we will do the rest! Contact us.
ARE YOU AN ACT, SINGER, MUSICIAN, BAND, ENTERTAINER OR PROVIDE OTHER SERVICES FOR EVENTS?
Click below to Create a Profile with us & promote your Act / Event Services now! Any questions? Click here to CONTACT US Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org