Planning your wedding is an exciting and busy time and sometimes it can be quite easy to overlook planning the wedding reception entertainment, especially if you are taking care of everything else, from the venue and the dress to your menu.
Although , traditionally, hiring a live band or wedding DJ is the number one choice on most people’s checklist, there are many other forms of entertainment that can be booked to give your wedding reception that unique wow factor.
Here are 15 unusual wedding reception ideas to get you started…
- Add some humor to your wedding reception by hiring comedy singers to entertain guests during your evening reception.
- With colourful costumes and beautiful dancing, hire Bollywood dancers to perform and provide amazing entertainment.
- Bring the Caribbean to your Summer wedding reception and book a steel drum band to get your guests in the party mood!
- With the popularity of Michael Bublé and jazz music on the rise, why not book a big band or orchestra for a dramatic performance?
- If you will be having children at your wedding reception, hire puppeteers to keep them entertained – and the mischief to a minimum!
- Caricaturists are perfect entertainment for during both a wedding breakfast or an evening reception and gives your guests a lovely little memento to take home with them.
- Another idea to help keep young children entertained, especially for a Summer wedding is to hire a face painter. Remember to keep the paint away from your wedding dress!
- Book comedy waiters to give your guests a completely unique experience while you know that they are being pranked the whole time!
- Add a touch of glamour to your wedding reception and hire a belly dancer to show off their moves and get guests involved too.
- Surprise your guests by hiring a lookalike to mingle during your wedding reception.
- A very unusual form of entertainment is the art of contortionism. Your guests will be amazed at some of the positions a contortionist can get themselves into!
- Not for the feint-hearted! Hire knife-throwing acts to amaze your guests and keep them on the edge of their seats! This idea is perfect for carnival themed weddings.
- For the perfect ice-breaker, book a closeup-magician to mingle with and perform to handfuls of guests at any one time.
- If you want magic to be a part of your wedding day, but you want a bigger performance, hire an illusionist to wow your guests with their amazing stage shows.
- For the ultimate unusual form of entertainment for an outdoor wedding reception, hire fire performers to put on a highly visual display!
Take a look through our website for more entertainment ideas for your upcoming wedding reception and have fun planning your special day!